Krótka konfiguracja i podstawowa instalacja pakietu Webmin na Raspberry PI 2
1. First, make sure Raspbian is completely up to date by running the following commands.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
2. Now we will need to install all the required packages of Webmin.
sudo apt-get install perl libnet-ssleay-perl openssl libauthen-pam-perl libpam-runtime libio-pty-perl apt-show-versions python
3. The following command will download the required deb file to the Raspberry Pi. You may want to update the version number so that you’re downloading the latest version, you can view the latest version here.
4. Once downloaded, run dpkg It may take some time to install.
sudo dpkg --install webmin_1.920_all.deb
5. You should now be able to access Webmin by going to the Pi’s IP address followed by the port 10000. Find out the Raspberry Pi’s IP address by using hostname -I
Below is an example of my address to access Webmin.
6. You will receive a warning because the SSL will be invalid. It is safe to ignore this as we can’t receive a valid SSL certificate on an IP address.
7. Enter your username and password. If you haven’t changed it then the username will be pi and the password will be raspberry.
8. You can now move onto configuring any options that you wish to alter.
There are a ton of options that you can configure in Webmin. These options include changing your SSL encryption, adding modules, logging, managing users, managing software packages and so much more.
Since there are just so many options to configure I recommended checking out the Webmin wiki for more information. Out of the box, there isn’t anything that really needs configuring.
I do recommend that you secure your admin by changing the password and setting up two-factor authentication.
I will be looking at doing further tutorials on some of the cool modules that you can use with Webmin such as Virtualmin.
I hope by now you have been able to install Webmin on the Raspberry Pi without any issues. If you have some feedback regarding this Raspberry Pi Webmin tutorial, then please be sure to leave us a comment below.